Gross Motor Activity Ideas
Spring weather has us looking forward to stretching our legs! Check out the activities below for suggestions on safe ways to entertain your family through some indoor and outdoor activities to get our bodies moving.
- Go for a nature walk outside. Simply enjoy the pretty weather and flowers blossoming and naming what you see!
- Build an obstacle course. While there are some pretty crazy examples out there, even a small course in the backyard or living room can help get your family moving!
- There are lots of games that can be played either outside or inside, such as hide and go seek or red light/green light
- Have a dance party! Put on your kid’s favorite song and cut loose.
- Go on a scavenger hunt! Either hide items around the house or make a list of items to search for while outside. Find some lists here.
What activities does your family love to do? Comment and let us know! Stay healthy and have fun!